AppSumo was started by an online entrepreneur Noah Kagan in his mom’s basement in 2011. Presently, AppSumo is home to some of the best minds and smarts techies. AppSumo is a marketplace that offers lifetime deals for various software. This is how it works:
- Each AppSumo deal has a limited number available and is on sale for usually a two week period.
- AppSumo releases 3 new software which deals each week. Each deal is a lifetime deal where each software is available for a fraction of the usual annual cost. Usually 50 to 95% off of regular pricing.
- 100% money-back guarantee within 60 days.
- They use and test every single tool before selling them.
AppSumo has performed well for many businesses. NinjaOutreach signed up 2,000 new users and PixelMe made $176,826 through AppSumo deals.
AppSumo Tools :-
- ClickMinded : SEO training course: $149 (regular fee is $479)
- Serpstat : SEO platform: $39 for lifetime signup (normally at least $300 per year)
- Webinar Ninja: $49 for lifetime signup (normally starts at $45/mth)
- Landingi : landing page designer: $49 for lifetime signup (regular pricing is $29/mth)
- Deposit Photos : $49 for 100 premium images (usually $1 an image)
AppSumo Review: Tips to make the best of AppSumo
Everyone have an specific purpose behind buying something. Not everything sold on AppSumo will be useful for your business. It’s really important to consider each ‘deal’ individually and how it relates to your business BEFORE you buy. Don’t get carried away by the thought of a good deal.
The minute a new AppSumo deal goes live, the clock is ticking. If you’ve done the research, acted on the tips, outline and you’re still sure you want to purchase the deal then go for it. Don’t risk it selling out, while you’re thinking about it. You might miss out.
Don’t just rely on the AppSumo reviews for the product. These are useful to read, but also look at independent reviews to make sure you’ve got an accurate picture of the software.
Most AppSumo deals focus on software that the average small business owner will need at some point.
Before you buy, think honestly about whether you need this new tool. Will you use it? Do you already have a similar tool?
AppSumo offers a 60-day refund policy. This means you can thoroughly test the software and if it’s not for you (within 60 days) you can get a full refund.
If you think you have a need for this tool, you’ve checked out reviews, but will it integrate with your existing tools. It could be really annoying. In a lot of cases, a tool might not have a direct integration, but it integrates via Zapier. So check this out too if you need to.
The software might well be a bargain. However, it’s not free, you’re still spending money to acquire it. You’ll also have to spend time learning how to use it. Think about whether the tool will help you generate more revenue or perhaps it will free up some of your time.
AppSumo Review: In a Nutshell
AppSumo is a treasure trove of awesome deals that will get any right-minded entrepreneurs reaching for their credit cards. If you stick to these tips, you should never have buyers regret.
Best Deals of AppSumo
1. Missinglettr: A tool for automating social media promotions for new blog posts. It’s super easy to set up Missinglettr. One has to just sign up, connect your blog and your social platforms. You can connect Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts.
Missinglettr will do the rest and create campaigns for each post with suitable images, quotes, and the caption to share on social media.
All you have to do is to scan through the approve each option. Every time you create a new blog post- Missinglettr will automatically find it and generate a new social media campaign. You’ll get an email asking you to log in and approve the campaign. You can edit or approve it, you have total control over what goes out.
- Optimized social content
- Promote guest posts
- Automatic social media campaigns
- Content templates
- Schedule templates
- Hashtag recommendations
- Branded imagery
- Client approvals
- Medium repurposing
- ROI and analytics
- Custom URL shorteners
2. HeySummit: Online summit software. HeySummit is packed with features to manage attendees and also your summit speakers. You can improve your summit sessions with daily questions to your attendees. It’ll also generate reports that will improve your marketing strategy.
You can use HeySummit in many different ways by running live or pre-recorded virtual summits, share physical events with audiences not present, showcase products, provide a video resource library and create online courses.
Key Features :
- Landing page builder
- Attendee registration
- Monitor registrations and speaker referrals
- Talk management
- Speaker dashboard
- Customise the branding to match your own
- Offer gated content for paid memberships or free content
3. KingSumo: Viral giveaway plugin.
4. Social Bee: Social media scheduler.
5. Mobile Monkey: Chatbot
6. Lumen 5: Makes videos automatically from blog posts for social media.
7. TubeBuddy: YouTube analytics.
AppSumo Community Guidelines:
- Add value—leave reviews with detailed use cases and constructive feedback.
- Be honest! Reviews do not need to be positive. All feedback is welcome and encouraged, we just ask that it is truthful and based on real experiences.
- Use the “Helpful” upvote function (vs. commenting “+1”) on your fellow Sumo-lings’ comments to bring the most relevant posts to the top.
- Use the product before you write a review. Reviews cannot be edited, so we ask that you buy and test a product before you give feedback. Changed your mind after a review? You can add a comment to your existing review if you have an updated opinion.
- Ask questions! The best questions are specific and helpful to the community. Questions about specific feature functionality, use cases, upgrades, roadmap, etc. are all welcome and encouraged in the “Questions” tab of our “Reviews & Questions” section on deal pages.
- Show us how you’re using the tools! Feel free to share your site, videos, or content if they showcase the product in use (No affiliate links, please).
- Let us know if you encounter bugs or a lack of functionality. We love making things better for you!
- Use the page search feature (CTRL/CMD + F) to find a topic in the comments section before you post so we can keep it clean and classy. Chances are, your question has already been answered.
- Do not harass other Sumo-lings or partners. Racism, sexism, homophobia, tacophobia (it’s a thing, look it up), and other forms of hatred will not be tolerated.
- Do not be disrespectful. Our partners have worked hard on their product-baby and they spend a lot of time engaging with Sumo-lings to answer your questions. We show our thanks by being respectful towards the community, so please be honest, but don’t be rude.
- Do not hold your tacos “hostage.” In other words, do not ask our partners to meet conditions in exchange for a better review. We spend months negotiating deals and do everything we can to make each deal beneficial for our users and partners. If you don’t like the deal terms as they are, then that deal may not be for you.
- Do not leave a negative review for an easily-remedied issue (i.e. needing a new code). If the problem you’re having is AppSumo-specific, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll take care of you. If you have an issue with the product, please reach out to the partner’s support team. Note: During launches, partners get flooded with questions and comments, so we ask that you are patient with them!
- Do not use our platform to spam or shamelessly self-promote your content. We think your Instagram is worth the hype, but this isn’t the right place to ask for followers.
- This one should go without saying, but we’ll say it anyway: Please do not impersonate AppSumo staff or partners when commenting. Be yourself; we love you just the way you are.