Bluehost serves to be one of the oldest web hosts, founded 1996. Being the largest and biggest name of the brand when it specifically comes to the hosting of WordPress, giving it a big reason to host your site on Bluehost. They serve to be official platform for WordPress that has been recommended by the providers of various hosting.
Let us begin with the Bluehost website review and find out how you will never have to worry about your website being slowed down even when there seems to be a lot of traffic on that particular website. It allows 24×7 expert support to help when an individual simply needs help just by phone, email or especially by live chats. It serves to have been rated #1 in the area and field of web hosting mainly for small businesses. Apart from this, Bluehost also offer users of WPBeginner with an exclusive discount by 63% along with a free domain, free SSL and the templates for the free site builder.
Aspects & Areas of Working: Bluehost
• Reliability:- Will this hosting company be available 24×7 and 365 days without any downtime.
• Performance:- How quickly a website can be loaded on Bluehost. It runs its own performance tests to analyze this aspect.
• Customer support:- Can anyone count their customer support or when they are in need of help, they are getting required help or not?
• Features:- Do this hosting company’s features and attributes help an individual in creating and managing their website or not?
• Pricing:- Does this hosting company offer and give the best price in the industry? Are there any deals offered by Bluehost that help an individual to save their money?
It serves to be one of the largest companies of the web host throughout the world. It also serves to be an official WordPress as recommended by the providers of various hosting. It provides a wide range of plans related to hosting for beginners as well as large businesses along with the 24×7 support to the customers.
Bluehost has rapidly grown to become one of the biggest companies of web hosting throughout the world. It now has the authority and power to control more than 2 million websites from throughout the world. It seems to have a long standing relationship along with the community of WordPress. Since 2006, it serves to be an official company of hosting as recommended by the WordPress. They pride and engage themselves in the customer support that is available 24×7 along with the great hosting for the infrastructure, and support and assistance required for the free open source of software such as WordPress.
Pros and cons of Bluehost:-
Each and every web host company consists of their own pros and cons. With some, an individual can live and with some an individual cannot ignore. Bluehost website review will showcase some of the pros and cons of Bluehost that is mentioned below.
First, let’s have a look at the advantages that seem to make the Bluehost a better option.
- Pricing:- It serves to give those hosting plans that seem to have their reach among the most of the users, mainly for those who are just initiating out for them.
- Reliability:- Using minimum downtime, it controls and manages the large number of websites.
- No hidden charges:- When signing up for the account, there seems to be no hidden charges.
- Free domain:- When an individual signs up, they simply get a free domain name for a year.
Bluehost seems to have some disadvantages that an individual should be aware of before signing up:-
- Higher renewal price of domain:- It serves to have higher than average renewal price for the free domain.
- Upselling addons:- They contain an aggressive process of upselling during their signup. But an individual can easily and rapidly uncheck all their addons if they just don’t need them.
The most vital performance metric that an individual might look for serves to be is the speed. It not only affects the experience of the user on an individual’s site, but along with this, it also affects an individual’s ranking of their WordPress SEO. Several studies revealed that a second drop in the speed of the website can decrease an individual’s rate of conversion just by 7%. A delay of just 3 second can cost an individual 50% of their traffic.
Bluehost speed test results:-
For a faster website, an individual seems to be required to choose a fast hosting company for their web. Keeping this in mind, a group of individuals have created a test site to know how fast Bluehost can serve them. This test site was created using WordPress along with the default theme of twenty seventeen. The group of individuals have imported dummy content for the development of the theme that includes images also. After that they have used Pingdom to test the speed of the website. Here are the results of the test that has been conducted.
- Performance grade:- B (86)
- Load time:- 1.24s
- Faster than 85% of the sites that have been tested.
- Page size:- 660.5 kB
- Requests:- 23
- Tested from Dallas on April 18 at 12:00
As an individual can see, this site loads in just less than 2 seconds of time which seems to be faster than the 85% of the sites that have been tested. They might also consider the fact that their website was not utilizing any plugins of caching or the tips for the optimization of the speed, this result seems to be very remarkable and recommended. But this website for the test didn’t contain large amounts of traffic. So, the test named Pingdom alone serves not to be good enough.
To test how the servers of Bluehost simply respond with the enhanced engagement, that group of individuals use the tool of testing known as impact of load to send virtual users (VU) or digital users to an individual’s site. They mainly grow, develop and build up to 100 visitors to look how that particular server would handle that enhanced requests and responses using the number of multiple connections at once. Here seems to be the screenshot of the results.
The blue line in the above mentioned diagram represents the number of active digital users on the particular available website whereas the green line represents the load time of a server. As an individual can see that the load of a server remained quite stable across the entire test even at the peak engagement. This server test simply indicates that if an individual seems to look for a truly fast website, then Bluehost serves to be a perfect choice for them. It also seems quite important to assume that those groups of individuals didn’t record any downtime during the time of their testing. The below mentioned screenshot gives a detailed look for the uptime of the Bluehost server.
Bluehost Server Response Time:-
When an individual seems to test a live website using a number of tools such as Pingdom, then they are mainly seeing how each and everything on their website generally loads in the given stipulated amount of time. It also involves images too which takes much longer to time load on the server or that particular website than the available plain text. In order to receive a more accurate and ideal response time for the server the group of individuals have used one another tool which is known as Bitcatcha. It allows an individual to test the response time of the server without any need of loading any data or any information.
As an individual can see the server of Bluehost in the United States, i.e. the US gives their performance under a fraction of a second. In some of the other locations, the response time of the server was a bit higher but still it seems to be under less than a second. If an individual’s target audience seems to be particularly in the United States, then this will completely benefit an individual’s website. However, there seems to be more number of users who generally come from some other parts of the world or some other different parts of the world, then an individual has full access to change the location of their server.
Host Your Site on Bluehost: Plans and Features
This web hosting site provides users with a variety of hosting plans that are simply available in all sizes and especially for all the budgets. An individual can simply choose from these available plans such as shared hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated servers, cloud hosting, and WordPress hosting plans. All these plans are attribute rich and flexible for various budget and hosting requirements.
Let us know about the plans that Bluehost offers its users:-
- Shared hosting:- To start a new website with low traffic, this shared hosting plan serves as the best. Regarding a shared hosting environment, an individual’s website shares resources with some other websites hosted on that same server.
- Cloud hosting:- This plan uses multiple servers when a shared hosting account is just limited to a single server. If an individual’s website gets frequent traffic spikes, then this plan works well.
- WordPress hosting:- It serves as the shared hosting plan that has been optimized for websites powered by WordPress. It improves performance and prevents the website from some common attacks of WordPress.
- Woocommerce hosting:- Woocommerce serves to be the most famous ecommerce plugin assumed for the WordPress. It allows an individual to easily start and initiate their online or digital store along with the WordPress. Various Woocommerce hosting provides an individual with all the essential and necessary features to kick start their ecommerce or online or digital or virtual store.
- VPS(Virtual Private Server):- This plan allows an individual to manage and control their virtual resources based on a cloud hosting platform. If an individual’s website gets frequent traffic spikes, then this plan works well.
- Dedicated server:- With this dedicated server hosting plan, an individual can get a server responsible for hosting of their website. It also comes up with different responsibilities because an individual has to maintain and control it by themselves.
All the available hosting plans for the Bluehost allows an individual to install WordPress with just one-click. All the available plans come with an easy to use controlling panel for their hosting where an individual can manage their hosting, creating databases, and so on.
Breakdown of Bluehost’s Shared Hosting Plans
Bluehost provides a package for their shared hosting that seems to be suitable for their startup or starter websites. It’s shared plan is available at the different levels known as basic at the first level, plus at the second level and prime at the third level.
Let’s have a look on what is included in each and every level of plan.
- Basic:- The basic plan at the first level allows an individual to host just only one website. This basic plan mainly hosts one domain along with 25 subdomains, 50GB storage, 5 email accounts each of 100 MB storage assigned for each account. For the first term of this plan, an individual needs to pay $2.95 per month. When an individual simply renews their account, then after the renewal of their account, they need to pay $7.99 per month.
- Plus:- The plus plan at the second level comprises unlimited number of websites along with the unlimited space for the web and bandwidth. In this plan, an individual will also receive unlimited number of email accounts. The price for this plan mainly for the first term seems to start from $5.45 on the monthly basis. When an individual simply renews their account, then after the renewal of their account, they need to pay $10.99 per month.
- Prime:- The prime at the third level comprises all the features that are available in the plus plan at the second level. Apart from those features, this plan also seems to get domain privacy along with the Site Backup Pro as extras that worth a net value of $80 per year. Prime also contains the same first term price just like plus, i.e. The price for this plan mainly for the first term seems to start from $5.45 on the monthly basis. When an individual simply renews their account, then after the renewal of their account, they need to pay $14.99 per month.
If an individual just seems to start their website, then they can select any of these above mentioned plans. An individual can also easily update their plans of hosting as their website grows and develops. You also need to figure out how to grow your business through WordPress site.
Bluehost Support and Customer Service
Each and every individual can need help at any point of time. It seems quite important and relevant that an individual chooses that company of web hosting that offers required help, support and assistance when an individual simply needs it. Apart from this, this web hosting company maintains and controls a huge library of articles by using and following step by step guides along with various video tutorials that seems to be a part of their base of available extensive knowledge and information with them.
This serves to be a very huge help especially for the beginners along with the most common issues that can be quickly and rapidly resolved by just doing a very simple search. However, sometimes to get more help, an individual needs to talk to some other individual or some experts to solve their issues. It provides 24×7 support and assistance to its customers where an individual can simply talk to their representatives of customer support via live chat or phone.
Bluehost serves to be very helpful when an individual is in dire need of some quick and fast help from the staff of the technical support team. One thing that seems to be missing is the support system that is mainly based on ticket, i.e. ticket based support system.
This web hosting company has recently decided that they had eradicated the online or offline ticket based support system to mainly focus on their personal and private approach of using live chat and phone based support systems. However, many users may still miss this feature of ticket based support system which seems to be certainly good if an individual’s issue can not be simply resolved in one available option of the live chat or through the one session on the phone.
Bluehost has been ranked as #1 company of hosting by the number of available websites. It also provides an individual with the number of hosting plans along with the tons of available features that helps them build their own personal website and it also helps them in growing and developing their website. All the related plans of hosting that involve expert 24×7 support for the customers from the very knowledgeable and informative group of staff members.
Most importantly, it also provides the users with some affordable starter plans that seem to be fitted in any requirement of the budget. It seems quite easy on an individual’s pocket and comes up with all the necessary and right tools. As an individual site grows, then depending on the performance they can easily update their hosting plans accordingly.