The sales funnel serves to be the steps that someone has gone through in order to become an individual’s customer. An individual sales funnel will illustrate the prospects and path taken. Understanding an individual’s funnel can help them to find the holes in the funnel that seems to be the place where prospects drop and never lead to its conversion. If an individual doesn’t understand their sales funnel, then they cannot optimize it. There seems to be four stages of sales funnel.
It seems quite easy to remember the four stages of sales funnel simply by the acronym AIDA where:
A stands for Awareness
I stands for Interest
D stands for Decision
A stands for Action
These available four stages represent the mindset of an individual’s prospective customers. Here, each stage is acquired by a different approach from an individual, the marketer, because an individual doesn’t want to send the wrong message at the wrong time. It seems like a waiter asking an individual what they want for their dessert before they have been ordered drinks and appetizers for them.
Tips to build an effective sales funnel:-
A sales funnel serves to be a systematic journey of a prospect individual to become a customer or consumer and the same process goes on for every business.
Stages of a sales funnel:-
- Awareness:- This serves to be the first stage where an individual first captures the customer’s attention and the prospect receives to know what they have to offer.
- Builds connection:- Swoop the available prospects and then help them with all the available required information and develop their interests and desires.
- Decision-making:- An individual must make their offer irresistible for the prospective customers and consumers with their effectively marketing their content via different media platforms.
- Action required:- At this stage of sales funnel, an individual must focus on their customer’s retention. Also, an individual must thank the customer for the purchase that they have made and invite them for the session of feedback.
Stage 1:- Attracting leads
This stage is mainly about the awareness stage. Here individual leads get aware about their products and services. In this stage, an individual will most likely interact with their marketing efforts like advertisements, blogs or articles. At this stage, many of the potential customers might express their further interest in an individual’s offer and will go down the funnel which completely depends on the business model that they have chosen for them. To make this happen for them, an individual also needs to know about their target audience as well. An individual also need to carefully observe what their target audience wants:-
- An individual must list the needs and wants of their customers.
- An individual must also know how their competitors are targeting them
- An individual must also understand if there seems to be any particular area where they can dominate from them.
This stage mainly helps an individual in finding out how their information benefits and helps people the most out of them. An individual must also add some substance to create a prospect so that they need to take some action. To get an individual’s message going right at the moment, then they should back up their facts using emotional appeal by adding some social proof for them.
Stage 2:- Compelling Action
Now, once the visitor has landed on an individual’s page, then it serves to be their prime responsibility to make sure that an individual’s webpage and designs does all the work for them. Companies who nurture and fulfill the needs and desires of the prospects can see a very huge difference among them.
How can an individual create this competition?
An individual seems to have it all by just following a more active and passionate approach for themselves. An individual can also reach out to the prospects via various campaigns of active email that leads to the distribution of personalized relevant information and data which they need for them. An individual can see in the below mentioned screenshot how the available email campaigns work:-
Many customers get influenced and affected by such an active approach of the emails or just reading the testimonials and profile before they purchase. The Casper’s email mentioned in the above screenshot seems to be clever, crisp and to the point also. It is just like an individual asking the visitor if they seem to revisit the cart that they have simply added to show that they were doing some shopping and it also involves simple CTA, i.e. Call to Action.
Now, individuals have seen how building a connection is of extreme importance to them. At the same time, if an individual has to be alert that they don’t get disconnected from their customers. An individual must also make sure that prospect after clicking on any ad or links, they seem to fall on the correct page. Most of the automation and email marketing services help an individual in targeting their customers based on the CTA, i.e, Call to Action that they have taken to segment or distribute themselves by choosing the type of content that they are looking for. To guide customers through each and every step of an individual’s sales funnel is about encouraging customers to come forward for their help. This helps their future prospects to help themselves which in turn helps in creating awareness of their brand.
Step 3: Creating a content plan
Now, how can an individual design an effective content plan for themselves?
A content plan along with writing efficiently and effectively also involves what their target audience needs at each and every stage of the sales funnel. This task comprises lots of layers and levels in this process. So, it is quite important to know how an individual’s prospects are located at each and every stage of the funnel. This stage helps people in getting familiar with an individual’s products and services that helps in convincing them of their expertise and to increase awareness of the brand also seems very important. Once an individual has realized the prospects that have come there with a keen focus on marketing their content and their irresistible offer as well.
Stage 4: Customer Acquisition
In this stage, after the evaluation the prospect decides to buy products and services for them. At this stage, an individual should be prepared and well equipped to answer all the relevant questions of the prospects. The pricing system also demonstrates the final pricing in this stage. A positive experience that appears to be on the part of the available leads of the customer to referrals that gear themselves at the top of the sales funnel and thereafter the entire process will start again. The second part of this stage seems to be a satisfactory transaction. When both parties agree to sign the contract, then the sales will transpire completely.
Fix the Leaky Sale Funnel:-
- An individual must pinpoint their leaks.
- They must also check the reason for the loss.
- They must also plug the leaks in the marketing funnel.
- Lead nurturing strategies.
- An individual must check if they have focused on the right prospects or not.
- An individual must also understand the reasons as to why a volume of leads drops down at any given stage of the sales funnel.
- An individual must also review their designs and should also work on KPIs to define the process and methods.
- An individual must also refine their lead nurturing strategies to get the most out of the conversion rates.
A sales funnel seems to be a pyramid, a path or a journey that a potential or prospective individual goes through to become a customer or a consumer. The sales funnel serves to be the broadest at the top and as it comes down it narrows as the prospects get closer to the sale considering some of the few prospects drop down and those who generally convert serve to be a smaller part of the natural and original group.