PR simply means public relations. It is a combination of two words, i.e., public and relations. The term public relations means to establish a mutual relationship between the internal and external public of an organization. It is used to develop a strategic communication between an organization and its stakeholders. Several definitions of PR:-
- The Public Relations Society of America(PRSA) states that “Public relations is a strategic communication process that builds mutually beneficial relationships between organizations and their publics.”
- According to Mark Burgess, Blue Focus Marketing “PR focuses on building good relations with the company’s various publics by obtaining favorable publicity, building a good corporate image, and handling crisis management issues. Today, a good PR firm must be experts in use of social media.”
- According to the PRSA National Assembly “Public relations helps an organization and its publics adapt mutually to each other.”
Digital PR is a plan of action that uses online or internet technologies to increase your brand’s knowledge or value. It is somewhat similar to traditional PR. It offers a much wider reach to the audience than offline techniques. Digital PR depends on internet based approaches such as optimizing search engines, content marketing, influences outreach and social media marketing or simply social media to create the most effect. Digital PR is a powerful plan of action which can improve a brand’s online presence and visibility that information can be transformed into conversions and companies can speak directly to the target audience just about anytime, day or night by linking and sharing with the target audience. A dialogue can begin to clarify your focus and spread news and data much faster than ever before. Traditional PR involves various networks and journalists in order to get featured in print media. At one time the global of a public who specialized in traditional PR was to get their clients included in newspapers, magazines, radio and television. Most people who are specialized or have specialization in traditional PR have shifted their focus to include digital PR, often finding higher readership or viewership on an online content than offline. Although some traditional forms of PR may still be used.
Benefits of Digital PR:-
- It is used to build connections from or between reliable sources and sites:- When respective sites reference you as a source, people come to see you as a credible source of valuable information, so does google.
- It is used for improving search engine or search ranking score:- We understand that google penalizes sites in several ways that obtain backlinks and benefits those people that naturally receive them.
- It is used for generating social shares, good stories from people to share on social media. This helps in boosting the online profile of the brand, promoting even more traffic to flow your way.
- It helps in inspiring brand loyalty by helping brands to build good relationships with consumers through their content.
- It helps in boosting our brand’s reputation and identity. Just as any successful marketing of content does, the audience simply understands that you are willing to invest in excellent storytelling and research.
Whatever the nature of one’s campaign, they are going to find that an effective plan of action usually requires the following steps:-
- Identify content goals like any plan of action, it is best to begin together with your objectives. In digital PR, it simply means to see your content or campaigning objectives and the way they slot in together with your company objectives and goals and business plans as an entire. Some examples of digital PR or content objectives are:-
- Boost traffic to the homepage.
- Boost traffic to a specific product page.
- Boost following on social media
- Raise overall brand awareness.
- Spotlight on new products.
- Highlight USP.
- Create a schedule who has to exit what and when, the schedule will vary from business to business and from campaign to campaign. Put milestones in place and confirm that there is accountability. Everyone knows what their role is and according to which they have to act.
- Create Personas who you are visiting by targeting together with your content, what quiet journalists or bloggers and what quote of audience niches, more on this below.
- Ideation, the secret is to be prepared to speculate a generous portion of your time and budget. In developing with the goods, the web is saturated with the content. To shine, you will need something beautiful, useful or interesting.
- Research, once you have got the seed of a decent idea, it’s time for a few in-depth research or desk research. Research can facilitate you to see which of your ideas has the foremost league. You may find that somebody else has already covered your idea. During which case you would possibly have to change the angle. You would possibly find that the information needed for the content simply doesn’t exist. During which case you would possibly want to commission a spoken survey. If the thought is good, your research should be exhaustive. You don’t need to spend weeks performing on a campaign only to seek out that somebody else got their first and possibly did it better.
- Content creation, self explanatory just sharpen that angle wherever possible and remember your target market every step of the way.
Digital PR and Traditional PR share one common goal which is to assist in improving the reputation of a client and increase visibility among its target market members. Both are that plan of actions to boost the popularity of a brand. The main difference between them is the selection of methods used to achieve these objectives. Digital PR aims to make the brand value while using digital tools. Building a powerful brand within the digital age whether the ocean of competitors is continually growing may be challenging but there are a good style of methods that can be used to increase visibility and remain competitive. Prospects are almost unlimited choices who they are visiting to do business with and if one doesn’t use digital PR, it can easily get round out of the competition. It is necessary to make and communicate a well defined brand so as to separate yourself from your competitors and be visible within the online avenues where target markets get their information and find solutions to their main points.
Pros and Cons of Digital PR:-
- Digital PR or simply online PR is cost effective.
- More credibility is seen in online PR.
- It helps to generate backlinks which seems to be suitable for SEO.
- It is used for the protection and enhancement of the brand.
- Online PR can be considered as a high risk investment.
- It may solicit negative comments.
Digital PR Agencies:-
- Creativizt Communications(India)
- Bluetext(Washington, DC)
- Kaplow(New York)
- Firecracker PR(California)
- BPM-PR(New York)
- 360 PR(Boston, Massachusetts)