Digital media platforms serve to those platforms that allows an individual or its users to create and share content along with its reach to specific segments of the target audiences. Though there are a number of digital platforms but still they possess some common traits that these digital platforms are used to deliver information and data to their target audience. These digital media platforms can be used to deliver content to the different sections of people. A digital media platform serves to be the backbone of all the business that distributes and displays their media content in various online and digital platforms. There seems to be a number of platforms available for all types of media that involve digital broadcasting, digital video recording, audio visual, etc. Below mentioned are some of the different platform for advertising in digital media:-
1. Google:- Google serves to be the unified advertising and analytics platform that has the ability for stronger communication for the available teams of marketing by establishing existing integrations among DoubleClick and the Google Analytics 360 Suite. Features of Google marketing platform are as follows:-
- Display and video 360.
- Search ads 360.
- Analytics 360.
- Data studio.
- Optimize 360.
- Surveys 360
- Tag Manager 360.
Using Google marketing platform, an individual can:-
- Deliver faster, smarter marketing.
- Gain more control over the investments.
- Understand the audience on a much deeper level.
- Share insights across the teams.
2. YouTube:- It serves to be one of the most famous social media platforms in the world, It establishes a number of connections in several unique and attractive ways. Also, the reach of YouTube to its target audience is quite impressive. On mobile itself, this social media platform reaches to more 18-49 years aged people than any cable channel or the network. It also serves to be the best and ideal place to share unique and attractive advertising content. It also permits for the combination of both traditional media and social media that simply works together. Different types of YouTube ads are as follows:-
- Skippable in-stream ads:- It is played before or during a video, i.e. pre-roll or mid-roll.
- Non-skippable in-stream ads:- It mainly includes bumper ads.
- Video discovery ads:- It is formerly known as in-display ads.
- Non-video ads, i.e. overlays and banners.
3. Facebook:- Facebook serves to be the universal social media network. Containing more than 2 billion users on a monthly basis, it holds and hosts a quarter of the world’s population, that provide advertisers with an unparalleled amount of opportunities to reach digitally to anyone or everyone. Facebook excels itself at the generation of the lead, when it comes to ecommerce sites or business. Some of the examples of content for the advertising campaigns of social media involve:-
- Whitepapers:- It serves to be an authoritative report or guide that informs readers or viewers in brief about a complex issue.
- Ebooks:- Ebooks are also known as electronic books. It serves to publish books that have been made available in digital form.
- Product coupons:- It serves to be virtual vouchers that a number of customers exchange for financial discounts and offers.
- Sitewide discounts:- Using sitewide discounts and offers, the customer can get a number of amazing and attractive deals which will help them in increasing their sales.
- Limited-time offers:- Limited time offers mean that the available offer is for the limited time not always.
- Giveaways:- Giveaways serve those things or commodities that are given free and sometimes for the purpose of promotion also.
- Free shipping:- It is mainly a marketing trick that is used primarily by online vendors in order to attract more and more customers.
Some of the Facebook Advertising Advanced Tactics are as follows:-
- Don’t run the same exact ad(s) to all of their audiences.
- Use prospecting ads to build brand awareness.
- The use of emojis in ads has been spreading like wildfire, even among larger, more established brands.
- It must always acquire the nature of testing.
- Lookalike audiences are a staple for many advertisers and rightly so.
4. Instagram:- Instagram is a social networking site or a social media platform that accentuates photo and video sharing via its app, i.e. Instagram. People can take, edit, publish, and visualize content for their followers to interact with them through likes, comments and shares. With the time, Instagram has been among the fastest growing social media platforms. This social networking platform has gained over one billion active users in a very less time. Ove the time, this social media platform has changed itself from a simple photo sharing app to a powerful marketing tool that is used by most of the influencers and businesses to reach their target audience or potential customers. According to a survey conducted by Instagram business,
- Almost more than half of the Instagram users, i.e., 60% use this social media platform to discover and launch new products and services.
- From these users, about 80% of them are following at least one brand.
- 200 million accounts of Instagram on a daily basis check out a business profile for them.
- Around 66% of the profile visited are from non-followers.
Some of the Instagram Advertising Advanced Tactics are as follows:-
- Focus first on custom audiences.
- When an individual seems quite ready to expand past custom audiences, lookalike audiences should be their next stop.
- Use custom images of real people.
- Make offers irresistible.
- Take hashtags seriously.
5. Twitter:- Twitter contains many of the revolutionized breaking news and also offers unparalleled access to the users to connect with both niche as well as mainstream influencers. Containing 328 million active users on a monthly basis, it is also considered as one of the most famous social media platforms. Today a number of ecommerce sites or stores use Twitter to advertise awareness of the brand and promote some of the particular products for direct rate of conversions. There are different types of campaign that an individual can set up for themselves in the Twitter:-
- Promoted Accounts:- It suggests those Twitter accounts that are quite interesting for the people and people usually don’t follow them.
- Promoted Tweets:- It is one form of paid advertising on Twitter. It has the same format as of the typical tweets.
- Promoted Trends:- It serves to be an exclusive, high-impact 24-hour that is included in the top trends list on twitter.
- Website Cards:- It serves to be more larger and engaging as compare to a standard tweet.
Some of the Twitter Advertising Advanced Tactics are as follows:-
- Use a relevant, compelling image.
- Be very targeted with the products or lead magnets that an individual chooses to promote.
- Use a CTA like “Shop Now”, “Book Now”, “Learn More”, etc. to direct warmer leads back to an ecommerce site.
- Build user engagement directly into the ad.
- Prioritize brevity
6. Pinterest:- Pinterest serves to be an unique social media platform. It is more of a visual. But it seems to be more indulged and targeted towards women containing 81% of the female user base. It is also an incredible platform with 175 million active users on a monthly basis. Retailers of ecommerce stores and sites considerably like the value of Pinterest’s search engine that has been highly targeted and use of the various ads of the Pinterest to promote many of the brands, products and services. Some of the Pinterest Advertising Advanced Tactics are as follows:-
- Creativity sells.
- Focus on trends.
- Engage with the followers
- Be detailed.
- Be very intentional about where the pins are linking.
7. LinkedIn:- This social media platform serves to be another social media platform that has its primary rotation across the markets of B2B. With 227 million active users on a monthly basis, it is evenly distributed between male users and female users. Out of 227 million active users, around 61% of the users come into the category of 30-64 age range bracket. It is mainly suitable for the B2B ads and various social media marketing campaigns. There seems to be 3 different kinds of LinkedIn ads:-
- Sponsored content
- Sponsored InMail
- Text ads
Some of the LinkedIn Advertising Advanced Tactics are as follows:-
- Track ad performance religiously and discard any ads performing at under a 0.10% click-through rate (CTR).
- While LinkedIn’s ad targeting might seem juvenile next to Facebook.
- LinkedIn users prefer shorter, pithier ad copy.
- Focus on professional problems and challenges.
- Much of the value of LinkedIn lies in its groups.
8. Quora:- Quora is simply a place where people can gain knowledge and information and share them also. It serves as a best platform for people where people can easily ask questions and connect or communicate with others who come up with unique ideas and good quality answers. The main aim and mission of this website is to share, grow and develop the world’s and people’s knowledge and information. It includes a vast range of knowledge and information that serves as valuable and important for many people. This website has an aim to connect with more and more people so that they can share knowledge with each other. It also brings different people with different perspectives to a single platform where they can understand each other’s knowledge and information in a better way. It is simply a website for questions and answers where several community members have the right to ask several questions or answer any questions that they want.
In the modern landscape of digital advertising, there seems to be unlimited number of tech tools and platforms that an individual can use to reach their targeted and set advertising goals and objectives. It’s not always seems quite easy to choose the best and ideal one.